Want to be a successful blogger? If so, you’ve come to the right place. Following are 100 free blog tips and blog help that teach you how to be start a blog, increase traffic to it, and make money online from your blog. Click on the links to get more details, instructions, and useful information.
1. Don’t bother starting a blog unless you know blogging is right for you.
2. Choose the right topic for your blog.
3. Choose a narrow topic and stay focused on your niche.
4. Secure a great domain name for your blog.
5. Understand that not everything about blogging is positive.
6. Choose the right blogging application for your blog.
7. Select the right blog host.
8. Include the most important elements in your blog design.
9. Add extra elements to make your blog design stand out.
10. Include social media icons to encourage visitors to follow you on Twitter, Facebook, and more.
11. Make sure your blog passes the blog design checklist.
12. Consider learning some CSS.
13. Know how to find a blog designer if and when you need one.
14. Create your Gravatar.
15. Create a great About Me page.
16. Keep your categories streamlined and organized.
17. Learn how to respond to negative blog comments.
18. Use images that you’re legally allowed to publish on your blog.
19. Edit the images on your blog to make them more unique and visually appealing.
20. Learn some basic HTML.
21. Put your blog through the blog review checklist to make sure it’s ready to go!
22. Don’t let your archives die.
23. Don’t break any laws.
24. Learn the most important unwritten rules of blogging.
25. Don’t do anything that could make people think you’re a spammer.
26. Adhere to the 3 Cs of blogging success: comments, conversation, and community.
27. Memorize the blogging secrets of top bloggers.
28. Use free blogging tools that can make your life as a blogger easier and better.
29. Try free tools from Google that make blogging easier and more productive.
30. Work on improving your writing.
31. Write great blog post titles that people want to click.
32. Learn to write great blog posts.
33. Learn to write blog posts that people want to share.
34. Learn writing tricks from journalists that you can use on your blog, too.
35. Use the blog post checklist to ensure your blog posts are perfect before you publish them.
36. Find places to help you think of blog post ideas when you’re struck with Blogger’s Block.
37. Consider using an editorial calendar to stay organized.
38. Choose the right blog template or theme.
39. Take some extra time to make your blog posts look great.
40. Clean up and rejuvenate your blog from time to time.
41. Follow a blog posting schedule that will help you reach your goals.
42. Use tricks to get people to stay on your blog longer.
43. Blog strategically, not tactically.
44. Use social media to increase traffic to your blog.
45. Give away free stuff to get more blog visitors.
46. Use all of the free blog promotion tactics and tools that you can.
47. Get more incoming links to your blog to boost visitors.
48. Write link bait blog posts when they’re relevant to your blog topic.
49. Connect with online influencers who can help you promote your blog.
50. Promote your blog with email marketing.
51. Write a marketing plan for your blog.
52. Increase blog traffic by writing guest posts for other blogs.
53. Repurpose your blog content to creatively drive more traffic to your blog.
54. Track your blog’s performance.
55. Know what statistics to track to measure your blog’s performance and make the necessary changes.
56. Learn how to use Facebook to increase blog traffic.
57. Learn how to promote your blog on LinkedIn.
58. Use Google+ to grow your blog’s audience.
59. Use images, videos, and quotes to boost blog traffic with Pinterest.
60. Learn how social bookmarking sites like StumbleUpon can help to increase blog traffic.
61. Learn the many ways bloggers can use Twitter.
62. Familiarize yourself with tricks to get more retweets on Twitter.
63. Use Twitterfeed to automatically publish links to your blog posts on Twitter and Facebook.
64. Read some books about social media marketing to learn more ways to increase blog traffic.
65. Hold blog contests for fun and for traffic.
66. Promote your blog contests so more people enter.
67. Use social media management and monitoring tools to streamline tasks, monitor your online reputation, and more.
68. Learn the most important search engine optimization tips.
69. Don’t follow SEO tips that can get you in trouble.
70. Don’t follow shady SEO tactics. Instead increase blog traffic from search engines organically.
71. Put all of your blog posts through the 60-second blog post SEO check.
72. Research keywords to find out what potential readers are searching for and write related content to get more traffic.
73. Use keywords in your blog posts to get more search traffic.
74. Use keywords in the right places in your blog posts to get traffic without getting in trouble. Read More
75. Don’t use too many links in your blog posts. Read More
76. Beware of SEO experts who don’t operate ethically. Read More
77. Create your blog’s feed with Feedburner. Read More
78. Hype your feed on your blog to boost subscribers. Read More
79. Syndicate your blog content to get traffic or make money. Read More
80. Don’t sell text links on your blog. Read More
81. Use the tricks successful bloggers use to make more money from blog advertising. Read More
82. Determine how much to charge for ads on your blog. Read More
83. Create an advertising rate sheet. Read More
84. Use Google AdSense, but be sure you follow the rules! Read More
85. Learn the tricks to make more money from Google AdSense. Read More
86. Consider publishing blog feed ads as your subscriber numbers go up. Read More
87. Learn how to choose the right affiliate advertising programs for your blog. Read More
88. Understand the do’s and don’ts of publishing paid posts before you do it! Read More
89. Learn how to become a professional blogger and get paid to blog for other people. Read More
90. Determine how much to charge for your blogging services. Read More
91. Try making money in creative ways that don’t involve selling ad space on your blog. Read More
92. Decide if selling merchandise on your blog is a good fit for you. Read More
93. Classify your blogging business so you know how to handle your income on your tax return. Read More
94. Study tax tips for freelance bloggers. Read More
95. Make sure you’re not missing tax deductions that bloggers can claim. Read More
96. Find ways to get free products to review on your blog. Read More
97. Learn where to find bloggers to hire to write for your blog when you need help. Read More
98. If multiple bloggers write for your blog, create a blog style guide. Read More
99. If you like to have a printed resource by your side, read a blogging book. Read More
100. If you like reading on your Kindle, get a blogging ebook. Read More
Author: John Rampton
Courtesy of www.johnchow.comShare